People who want to be fit and healthy, but are too busy for the gym or don’t like getting up early, should take a look at this great 20-minute, home workout routine.
20 Minute Home Workout
1) Jog in place for a total of 3 minutes.
2) Jumping jacks: 25 reps. Upon landing, bend the knees slightly to reduce the impact on the joints.
3) Crunches: The muscles you are working are called rectus abdominis.Lie on the ground facing upwards and bend your knees. Put the hands behind your head. Your elbows should point outwards. Your hands should give support to the neck. Your spine and neck should be in a straight line. Now raise the upper torso from the ground. Then, lower your body back so that the backs of your shoulders touch the ground. Do 20 repetitions.
4) Hip Bridges: The muscle you are working are the ones of the lower back, glutes, and hamstrings. Get on the mat facing upwards. Keep your hands close to your body, on the floor, then lift your body to form a straight line from the knees to the shoulders, resembling a bridge. Squeeze your glutes (butt muscles) and hold the position for 2 seconds before you lower yourself. Do 10 reps.
5) Step ups: 1 minute. The muscles you are working: hams, glutes, quads.
*This exercise requires a stepper.
6) Reverse crunches: The muscles you are working are the lower abs and the obliques. Get on the floor with your face up and put your hands on your sides. Bend your knees and move them to your head, until your hips are slightly raised. Hold for a bit, then go back to the starting position. Do 15 reps.
7) Mountain climbers: The muscles you are working are the deltoids, triceps, calves, quads, glutes, hamstrings. Get on all four and raise the knees as if to a running start position. Now run in this position. Try to keep a straight back. Do these for a minute.
8) Classic or knee push ups: do 15 reps. Muscles you are working: triceps, pectorals, deltoids.
9) Burpees: You are working the muscles of the lower back, arms, chest, and legs.
Drop to a crouching position.
Thrust the legs straight behind on the toes, to get in a push-up position.
Jump back to a crouching position.
Stand up straight. Repeat for one minute.
Cool down by walking around to lower your pulse back to normal rate and stretch.
Take a minute’s rest between the exercises. Don’t forget to breathe, and pay attention to the form. You should get small sips of water throughout the workout. These exercises target the entire body, strengthen your heart muscle and tone and strengthen your body.
Share this home workout plan with your friends and family!