A Chicken Pot Pie made from onion, celery, chicken, carrots, peas and smooth gravy like sauce. It’s perfect when you want to eat a warm dish during the winter.
GLUTEN-FREE CHICKEN POT PIE (11 INGREDIENTS)
For the crust (Makes two 10″ crusts, enough for one large pot pie):
-1 cup all-purpose gluten-free flour blend
-1 cup butter, cut into small pieces
-1/2 tsp. salt
-8-10 tbsp. milk, cold
-2 tsp. xanthan gum
For the filling:
-1/3 cup gluten-free all-purpose flour blend
– 1 pound chicken breast halves – cubed
-1/3 cup chopped onion
-1/3 cup butter
-1 cup sliced carrots
-1 cup frozen green peas
-1 3/4 cups chicken broth
-1/2 tsp. salt
-1/4 tsp. black pepper
-2/3 cup milk
1. For the crust: Preheat stove to 425°F (220°C). Take a bowl, and mix flour, salt and xanthan gum. Take a knife, cut the butter into flour. Put the milk and join them together. You can use your hands to add the milk into the mixture.
2. The dough ought to be damp and simple to roll. Divide it in half and roll each bundle of dough on a floured surface with a rolling pin. Put a circle of dough into the pie dish and trim the edges if you want.
3. For the filling- Take a pan, and mix the carrots, chicken, and peas. Add water to cover and let it boil for 15 minutes. Take it out of the pan, drain it and set it aside.
4. Cook the onions in butter until delicate and translucent in a saucepan. Blend in flour, salt and pepper. Gradually mix in the milk and broth. Stew over medium-low heat until it becomes thick. Set aside.
5. Place the chicken and veggie blend in the bottom of the pie crust. Pour the sauce blend over the top and fill around 3/4 of the way. Cover with top outside layer, seal edges, and remove all the excess of dough. Cut little openings in the top to permit steam to get away.
6. Bake for 30 minutes, or until the filling is bubbly and the pastry is golden. Let it cool down for 15 minutes before serving.